Tuesday

Shyine: Walking Toward The Light

We found Shyine somewhere between the inside of a lightbulb, and the surface of the sun! The kid is on fire lately! Headlining in KY, and playing shows every where! This interview has been in the making for a long time, but we finally were able to catch up with the music man himself and get the inside scoop on the making of Shyine. 

TIL: Describe your style in three words?
S: Original, Unique and Energetic

TIL: How do you write music?
S: The process always varies for me, sometimes I will write lyrics with no beat with just a idea, and other times a beat will bring lyrics out of me. I take everyday life and put words together like a puzzle, sometimes sparking inspiration on the spot.

TIL: What made you get into music?
S: In 2008 I was introduced to the making of music through someone I met at a job. I had a chance to see the ins and outs of making music and fell in love. Starting out I was just a artist promoter but quickly learned that artists were not as focused and as serious as I was. So I began producing beats, and decided that this is where I wanted to be (behind the scenes) making beats. Then one cray Friday night in 2009, I was in my home studio working on a beat, until that day I had not made a beat that I would have considered a potential hit, but this night I had. Two hours later, after playing the beat over and over, the hook just came to me. I stopped, turned on my $8.00 old school computer microphone and began recording... "Everybody in the Club Throw Your Hands Up".... This song was a launch into my career and I learned that I was accepted as a artist. Years later here I am, a producer, engineer and an artist. I would have never thought I would be on a stage performing or recording songs in a recording booth. Crazy how life works. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.  

TIL: Any shows that stick out in your mind? 
S: One of my favorite show was in 2011 at Headliners Music Hall in Louisville, Ky. I had done a benefit concert the night before and when I awoke the next morning I had lost most of my voice. Spending all day drinking hot teas and throat drops, I knew the show must go on. Performing to my biggest crowd at the time, around 600 plus people, I gave it everything I had and the crowd reaction was amazing. I was signing autographs, taking pictures and meeting many new fans. It was a mind blowing night that I will never forget. It was also the first time I was featured in a local paper. 

TIL: Any celebrity artists you would want to work with? 
S: I would like to work with Rakim, Nas, KRS-One, George Clinton, Hopsin, Luda, Jeezy, just to name a few. These artists have influenced me one way or another. Growing up in the country I was not exposed to Hip Hop until my mid teenage years, and I fell in love with it. Although never imaged actually doing Hip Hop music but more of just enjoying it.  

TIL: How did you come up with your stage name? 
S: My name originated from the way I wanted to present myself to the industry of Hip Hop Music, a bright light, to always Shyine and give it my all. I even wanted to represent my brand the same way, which is how ShineTime Productions was born.

TIL: How has music changed your life?
S: Music has done so many things for me, it opened a world that I could have only imagined years ago. Doing things I did not think I was capable of doing, soaking in knowledge daily expanding and my mind, meeting new and great people that I might have never met. Connecting with people from across the world.
The love and support I have gotten from my music has always been positive and uplifting. The fans have given me plenty of reasons to keep going and not to stop. Having people enjoy the music you create is truly a humbling experience.    

TIL: How do you feel about music today? 
S: I have mixed feelings about the music today. I remember when music was about struggles in life or telling a story with through music or the good times we experienced or down to corruption with-in the system, now I feel it has become about money and having the most expensive things, but most people will never get to experience this life style because we are living in a financially failing system anyways, Feels like a slap in the face to me, the fans put you there and helped them gain success but in return you teach our kids to idol material things and forget their morals. We should use music to uplift each other and help each other grow. 

TIL: Shout-outs? 
S: I would like to shout-out my brother from another King Dadoo for starting this music adventure with me. He's the one that pressed me early on to try recording and writing. We have been through thick and thin and we are still standing. I have much respect for him and his talents. Bumba Rudeboy, another brother from another, he was the one that introduced me to the making of music. Exposed me to the workings and I wanted more. He has meant the world to me and I wish him as much success as he wants. Last, but not least, My bro Chops Armstrong. Knowing him for just a few years, music brought us together very quickly, not knowing he did music himself for sometime. He had been coming to the studio for awhile before he unleashed some fire on a track. He has always supported my music and given me the respect as an artist. Much love and respect to this man right here.


For all things Shyine, check out The Indie Leak and Follow Him on Twitter! 





WE ARE THE INDIE LEAK

No comments: